Create modular game art
How to create your own game assets the most effective way?
How to design unique looking game art for the fragment of time and cost?
Is that even possible? Yes it is!
By applying the principles of modular design and making your game asset creation faster, cheaper and much more efficient!
What is that?
Modular design is a method, where you build up your game assets from pre-designed moduls.
During this course you will learn:
- the principles of modular designs in game art
- to create a fleet of spaceships from simple geometrical forms
- to create cartoon character heads good for any mobile game
- to design a modular goblin army with fantasy weapons
- to make a platform game tileset
- to design a 2D tileset for a Zelda -like topdown game
- and of course a lot of Inkscape tricks to make your work more efficient!
My name is István Szép, I am a graphic designer and design teacher for more than a decade. Join me in this course and learn to create fast, cheap and effective modular game assets in Inkscape! Inkscape is a free , easy to use vector design program, that will make you be able to create your own video game assets.
Attention! This course is about modular game art design, not about programming! Sadly, you will not learn here to code procedural worlds or script random spaceships. But you can learn to design your assets for that!
Who is the target audience?
- Indie game developers who want to create their own game assets
- Beginner designers, who want to get into 2D game art design
Created by: István Szép
Duration: 3h 4m