Design Systems (ft. Vue)
Design Systems (ft. Vue): This workshop has a few opportunities to write code, but everyone from developer to a designer to project manager will benefit from watching the creation of a small decoupled, documented, testable design system along with discussions around how to establish, build and nurture your design system and design system team.
- This workshop will be a completely node based project, so having node installed and working, as well as basic command line knowledge to run scripts and move around directories, will be expected.
- The code exercise portion of this workshop will be relatively short, so if you choose not to participate, you will still benefit greatly from listening and joining in the discussion.
Design Systems empower designers and developers to collaborate more efficiently and build applications more quickly. Learning how to look at a design, and break it down into a system, is just as important as the tools and workflow needed to enable the system’s success.
In this workshop we will break down of a small Vue.js Todo application into a published pattern library of reusable, testable, documented components.
We’ve already held over 100 workshops holding thousands attendees in-person and online. In this time we’ve discovered ways to schedule the day so it goes smoothly and efficiently.
By coding along with us in the Workshop, you’ll:
- You will be able to advocate for the value confidently a design system will bring to your product.
- You will be able to evaluate the risks and benefits of various design system architectures.
- And, You will be able to recommend the correct team structure needed to not only establish your design system but to keep it healthy for years to come.
- You will understand how Vue.js can be used to break down a small application into smaller, connected components.
- Also, You will be able to break a design down into systems of components effectively.
- You will use visual regression tests to help ensure that the visual integrity of your work remains intact.
- You will come away with in-depth knowledge of some of the tools and frameworks used to create modern design systems.
Author: Micah Godbolt
Duration: 9:30 AM TO 5:00 PM According to Workshop