GITHUB ULTIMATE: MASTER GIT AND GITHUB – BEGINNER TO EXPERT
This course will comprehensively cover the GitHub hosting service as a companion to the Git source control tool, which means no prior knowledge or experience is required. Students will emerge at the end with a very solid understanding and hands-on experience with Git and GitHub.
After the introduction and core concepts, the first thing we do is a Quick Installation for both Windows and Mac. The Bonus section has a more comprehensive, step-by-step process for those that prefer it.
What Will I Learn?
- Learn the key concepts of the Git source control system
- Step through the entire Git workflow
- Compare the different states in Git
- Manage files inside and outside the control of Git and GitHub
- Create and manage repositories on GitHub
- Create branches and resolve conflicts with confidence
- Save work in progress with Stashes
- Mark special events with Tags and Releases
- Even a bit of time travel within Git repositories and on GitHub
- Perform many of the same local Git operations directly on GitHub
- Join other GitHub projects by Forking and contribute back using Pull Requests
- Review and Accept Pull Requests from Others
- Share code with Gists
- Manage project defects or enhancement requests with GitHub Issues
- Group related repositories together with GitHub Organizations
Title: GITHUB ULTIMATE: MASTER GIT AND GITHUB – BEGINNER TO EXPERT
Author: Jason Taylor