GRUNT Js: Automate Web Development
As a front-end developer you have to do many time-consuming tasks.
Grunt is a task runner automating the web development tasks, it will save you a lot of precious time.
As always time = money. Save your time by learning Grunt.
Sample tasks that are going to be executed for you by Grunt:
- compressing of CSS and JS files -> making files smaller means that your website will load faster
- merging CSS and JS files -> you can maintain many JS/CSS files and at the end use only one. This is decreasing the number of required requests (which also improves the website’s loading speed)
- optimizing your images -> reducing their file sizes without affecting quality
- automatically adding vendor prefixes -> you won’t need to worry about vendor prefixes anymore. Grunt gives you a perfect solution with no performance hit and nothing new to learn.
- and many more -> there are over 4,000 plugins available
What Will I Learn?
- install and configure Grunt.js, npm, Node.js
- minify and merge CSS and JS files -> which will improve website loading speed
- automatically add vendor prefixes, after setting the project you won’t need to think about vendor prefixes anymore
- dramatically decrease time needed for running many tasks at once
What’s more, you will also know how to:
- install Grunt.js/npm/Node.js
- properly configure and install plugins
- run tasks concurrently which will drastically improve the needed time for execution of task
Created by: Arkadiusz Włodarczyk
Duration: 1h 40m