How to Land Your First Job in Filmmaking
Hollywood is hiring. Will you make the cut? Are you are dying to work in entertainment…but don’t even know where to start? Have you made a start…but don’t know what to do next to achieve your dreams?Are you stuck in a rut because you don’t have any Hollywood connections…yet?Carole Kirschner’s How to Land Your First Job in Filmmaking or Screenwriting teaches you everything you need to know about how to lock in a job in the entertainment industry–and stay there.You’re done with film school. Now what?
Film schools and colleges are great places to learn about storytelling, cameras, lighting and editing. But how to do you land an actual job in the business? This online course from Hollywood hiring expert Carole Kirschner will teach you real-world skills and techniques that get noticed in the entertainment industry.
- Discover how to build authentic, lasting connections, even if you don’t know anyone in the industry.
- Learn confidence-building skills and techniques to look and act the part before and during the interview.
- Learn what makes the HR manager want to set up interviews for you–and what makes them run for the hills.
- Overcome your fear of reaching out and following up, using techniques that work even if you’re shy.
- Get savvy about where and what to research before heading into an interview, so you don’t sound like a total newbie.
- Learn to craft your own standout resume…and check out examples of spectacular failures.
- Create an action-focused mission statement to lock in a personalized roadmap for your future.
LEARN FROM A PRO
Carole Kirschner is Director of the WGA Showrunner Training Program and creator of the CBS Diversity Writers Program. Using proven strategies based on years of experience at major studios and production companies, Carole has helped countless creatives break in and move up in the entertainment industry.
- Navigate your job search more effectively by learning what the business is really like
- What every decision maker is looking for when hiring at the entry level
- Who you should really be talking to
- How to make sure you’re taken seriously
- The unspoken Hollywood dress code
- How to overcome your fear of following up
- Discover how your unique story makes you memorable and stand out from the crowd
- How to create your personal entertainment industry brand
- Why it’s important to have one
- How being authentic will make you feel more comfortable talking about yourself
Who is the target audience?
- film students
- anyone who wants a job in the film industry