Learn Python For Data Science W/ Search & Recommender Algos
This course covers the basic data science skills of python and text mining of keywords. The student will also learn simple search and recommendation algorithms. Data processing, calculations, and analysis related to keyword extraction will be taught using a hands-on project / coding test based approach. Python will be taught in a systematic, example based method using the text dataset included especially for this course. In addition to python, the exercises will include application of skills using the emacs editor. The course should greatly benefit anybody interested in learning how to code, and especially for aspiring data scientists.
Who this course is for:
- Aspiring data scientists with no prior experience coding in Python.
- No pre-knowledge is required; enthusiasm is all that you need!
- A Mac, PC (Windows) or Linux computer is required.
- A Unix terminal; for Mac or Linux this is standard, but for Windows you will need to install Cygwin. E.g. see https://cygwin.com/install.html
- Ensure that python 2 and emacs are already installed; e.g. type ‘python’, and also try typing ’emacs’ to verify.
Created by: Larry Wai
Duration: 4h 20m