PostgreSQL Database Administration
PostgreSQL is commonly known as Postgres and it is also open source database.PostgreSQL is a powerful, open source object-relational database system.A database administrator’s (DBA) primary job is to ensure that data is available, protected from loss and corruption, and easily accessible as needed.The PostgreSQL administration covers some of the most important PostgreSQL database server administration activities.Some of the Key Responsibilities of a Database Administrator includes:
- Database Management
- Database Backup and restore
- Tablespace management
- Role Management
- Managing users
- Securing database via proper role management
A DBA ( Database administrator) has to perform several responsibilities to ensure the smooth running of the SQL sever database.
In this course, we will go over the basics of the PostgreSQL. We will cover topics ranging from installations, to writing basic queries and retrieving data from tables. We will also explore the logic of joining tables to retrieve data and much more.
The course also covers the basics of creating tables, storing data with data types, and working with expressions, operators, and strings.
Topics also includes:
- Installing PostgreSQL
- Loading sample database
- Creating database and tables
- Performing CRUD operations
- Joining Tables
- Using aggregate and analytic functions
- Creating views and triggers
This is a practical hands-on course that will equip you with the skills and confidence to work with PostgreSQL .
Who is the target audience?
- Beginner Database Administrators -DBA’s
- Beginner Data Scientist
- Beginner Data Analyst
- Internet access is required to download PostgreSQL Server
- Basic understanding of database concept would help
- Basic understanding of SQL would help
Created by: Bluelime Learning Solutions
Duration: 11h 26m