In this course, you get an in-depth introduction to working with the WordPress REST API.
The course then goes in depth over all of the routes, schema, and endpoints in the WordPress REST API along with demos and practice getting different types of data from the WordPress REST API, including posts, pages, media and more.
Who is the target audience?
- Anyone who wants to learn API Driven WordPress Development
- Anyone who wants to do Decoupled WordPress Development
- WordPress Theme and Plugin Developers
- Basic HTML – Know how to build a simple HTML page and work with HTML forms.
- Basic CSS – Know how to responsively style HTML pages with CSS.
- Basics of JS – Know basic syntax, DOM and events.
- Basics of WordPress Development (Check Out My Other Course)
What Will I Learn?
- How HTTP and the WP REST API Works Under the Hood
- The Core Endpoints and Schema for the WordPress REST API
- How To Make HTTP Get Requests to the WordPress REST API
- Backbone and Node Client Side WordPress REST API Libraries
- Use WP REST API in Themes and Plugins
Author: Zac Gordon
Duration: 04:52:51 Hrs (55 Lectures)/ 5 hours on-demand video