Unity from Zero to Proficiency
In this course, you will become comfortable with Unity’s interface and its core features, by creating a project (with no coding involved) that includes both an indoor and an outdoor environment.
- You will learn how to install Unity and to become familiar with the interface. You will also learn and use different shortcuts necessary to navigate through scenes and projects in Unity.
- You will learn to create and export your first scene by combining built-in objects. You will also learn how to manage objects, apply textures and colors, and transform objects to create a simple scene.
- You will create an indoor scene (i.e., a maze) with built-in shapes. You will also work with and manage lights in your scene to set the atmosphere and navigate through the scene with a First-Person Controller.
- You will then create a realistic island with sandy beaches, water, and palm trees using Unity’s built-in assets, drive a car and pilot an airplane.
Who is the target audience?
- Aspiring game developer with no experience in game development.
- Total beginner in Unity.
- Anyone who would like to become familiar with Unity and use some of the most commonly-used built-in features.
- Experinced C# coder who would like to start creating games but with no experience of Unity.
- Anyone who want to become proficient in the core functionalities offered by Unity.
- No prior material is required. We will learn how to install and launch the software in the first lessons.
- No prior programming experience or knowledge of Unity is required.
- You just need to be able to perform common computer tasks such as downloading items, opening and saving files, and be comfortable with dragging and dropping items and typing.
Created by: Patrick Felicia
Duration: 2h 3m